Get to know Maiko Kyogoku of Bessou from Episode 18 in our Quick-fire Q&A with the restauranteur!
- Neighborhood of residence: East Village
- Favorite restaurant in your hood: Minca Ramen
- Favorite spot to grab a drink: The Ten Bells
- Most recent/Recommended dining out experience: Hemlock. I admire their use of 1 ingredient in 2 ways in many of their dishes. Very creative!
- What's your favorite dish to cook: Cioppino. I love seafood and tomatoes anytime of year but especially in the summer! It's an easy dish to throw together for yourself or for a group.
- What Asian food staple/trend do you want to see more of: Regional cuisine. Nowadays, diners are ever-curious about knowing everything and anything about a particular cuisine and it's a great thing. The world is getting smaller! At Bessou, we introduce people to northern Japanese regional dishes like with our inaniwa udon which is a style of noodles specific to Akita prefecture.