We interviewed Hannah Bae, founder of Noona's Ice Cream, in Episode 13. Check out our Quick-fire Q&A with Hannah below to find out where this food entrepreneur likes to eat, and what's her favorite ice cream flavor to make!
- Neighborhood of residence: South Slope, Brooklyn
- Favorite restaurant in your hood: Frankie's 457 - favorite things to order: escarole salad, braised octopus salad, fennel salad, cavatelli, meatballs, pappardelle with braised lamb. Also the spatzle and crispy guinea hen at Prime Meats.
- Favorite spot to grab a drink: I actually am not much of a drinker but I see Three's Brewing is making some awesome beer. I think their can designs are genius. Check them out...love the dry humor.
- Most recent/Recommended dining out experience: Cosme. Duck carnitas and corn husk meringue...what dreams are made of.
- Favorite ice cream flavor to make: My favorite flavor to make is Golden Sesame. The aroma of toasted white sesame seeds is absolutely delightful - it's a flavor that has depth and brightness all at once.
- What Asian food staple/trend do you want to see more of: One of my nicknames growing up was Candy Girl, so there's a big part of me that wants to see Asian confectionery rise in unique ways. Asian inspired taffy, anyone?