Nick Kim and Jimmy Lau of Shuko, joined us on Episode 25 to talk about all things sushi and omakase. Find out which spots these two co-chefs and co-owners recommend on the Upper West Wide and in Queens, and their favorite dishes to cook!
- Neighborhood of residence: Upper West Side
- Favorite restaurant in your hood: Sun Chan Izakaya
- Favorite spot to grab a drink: Via Carota for an old fashioned or a negroni
- Most recent/Recommended dining out experience: The Office. Great design, food, and drinks.
- What's your favorite dish to cook: Anything breakfast-y. I love eggs.
- What Asian food staple/trend do you want to see more: Miso with its long and rich history. A lot of Asian countries have their own type of miso.
- What would be your last meal on Earth: Peter Luger
- Neighborhood of residence: Jackson Heights, Queens
- Favorite restaurant in your hood: Spicy Shallot
- Favorite spot to grab a drink: Pata Paplean
- Most recent/Recommended dining out experience: Loring Place. The food and the drinks were great. My children got the non-alcoholic cocktails and loved them. The energy, the great service, and the food all come together to bring a certain warmth inside.
- What's your favorite dish to cook: I like to cook steamed fish for my family--they love it
- What Asian food staple/trend do you want to see more: Fermentation
- What would be your last meal on Earth: Anything made by my mom